On this adventure, you'll travel back in time to see more than 40 dinosaurs come to life! The geography book for kids explores each continent, revealing fossil sites and stories on every map. A unique children's atlas that brings weird and wonderful prehistoric animals into your living room! It includes: - Each chapter explores a continent, showing where dinosaurs appeared at a given time.
- Connects each dinosaur to a period -- Triassic, Jurassic or Cretaceous.
- Specially commissioned maps and 3D locator globes link the prehistoric world to the present-day.
- Stunning double-page spreads show dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in dynamic scenes.
- Perfect for children ages 9 and up who want to know more about dinosaurs, ice age animals and other prehistoric creatures.
- A face-to-face experience with fearsome dinosaurs! Inside the pages of this children's educational book, you'll get to stare down a T-Rex in North America, watch out for Velociraptors' slashing claws in the Gobi Desert and trek across the Siberian tundra! You'll also discover the answers to fascinating questions about dinosaurs. Which plant-eater weighed as much as five elephants? Where was mighty Tyrannosaurus the ultimate hunter? Using specially commissioned maps, the dinosaur atlas for kids reveal the prehistoric world as never before! A modern 3D globe next to each map helps you understand the arrangement of the continents over time and why paleontologists find fossils where they do. The fully updated edition includes the most up-to-date theories and discoveries of dinosaur science, alongside stunning CGI illustrations and maps of all the major fossil sites around the world.
Dinosaur and Other Prehistoric Creatures Atlas is so much more than just a book filled with cool maps, stats and fun facts for kids, it's also a vital source of learning -- perfect for children to dip into for school projects! Look out for more titles in this series from DK. Discover planet Earth as you've never seen it before in What's Where on Earth?
Publisher: DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 11.97h x 10.00w x 0.71d
Audience: Ages 9-12
About the Author
Darren Naish is a renowned palaeontologist. He has appeared on television including BBC News 24, Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, and Richard and Judy. He has written, or consulted on, a number of books, including DK's Dinosaurs: A Children's Encyclopedia and Dinosaurs: How They Lived and Evolved (Natural History Museum). Most recently, he acted as consultant for the interactive exhibition Dinosaurs in the Wild, in London.
Chris Barker is a palaeontologist, holding degrees in Palaeobiology and Vertebrate Palaeontology. He has published
his research widely, both in acclaimed academic journals such as the Scientific Reports (part of Nature) and popular newspapers such as The Guardian.