The only book of its kind, Every Tenant's Legal Guide gives you the legal and practical information you need (plus dozens of sample letters and forms) to find a great rental and landlord.
Learn your rights regarding pets, guests, deposits, and privacy--and find out how to:
- get repairs and use rent withholding or repair-and-deduct if you have to
- avoid disputes with roommates over rent, deposits, guests, and noise
- fight illegal discrimination, retaliation, or sexual harassment
- navigate state and local rent control laws
- deal with hazards like lead paint, mold, or bed bugs
- break a lease with minimum liability, and
- get your security deposit returned on time.
The 10th edition of Every Tenant's Legal Guide includes charts with the details on landlord-tenant laws. This edition also includes information on how to research and handle pandemic-related issues such as eviction bans and lease amendments.
With downloadable forms: Includes move-in and move-out forms, and security deposit demand letter--available for download (details inside).
Author: Janet Portman, Ann O'Connell
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 10.80h x 8.30w x 1.10d