You don't have to be a techie to use FileMaker Pro 12, but you do need to know what you're doing. With this crystal-clear guide, you'll learn how to create a powerful database that lets you do almost anything with your data. Whether you're running a business, printing a catalog, or planning a wedding, you'll learn how to customize your database and put it to work.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get started. Tour FileMaker Pro's features and create your first database in minutes.
- Catalog your data. View, sort, and shape information in dozens of ways.
- Create professional documents. Publish reports, invoices, and other documents with ease.
- Harness processing power. Use calculations and scripts to crunch numbers, search text, and automate tasks.
- Add visual power and clarity. Create colorful charts to illustrate and summarize your data.
- Think like a developer. Dive into the high-level features of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
Author: Susan Prosser, Stuart Gripman
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.17h x 7.07w x 1.80d
About the Author
Susan Prosser is a reformed journalist who's stopped trying to bring information to the people and now helps them manage the data they already have. She is a FileMaker Certified Developer and has developed FileMaker databases for 12 years, and also trains and writes curricula for other developers.
Stuart Gripman is the founder of Crooked Arm Corp, a full-service FileMaker Pro consulting and development firm based in Berkeley, California. A FileMaker Certified Developer, he has written for both Macworld and MacLife.