Whatever form of loss you're feeling, whether it's the death of a loved one, the end of a relationship or a recent redundancy, this book provides you with the tools to full process your feelings.
There will be a particular loss that has brought you here. One that has probably touched you deeply and that you might be finding difficult to come to terms with.
Whatever loss you have experienced, this book can help you to make sense of it; guiding you through those difficult and overwhelming emotions, explaining how these fit into the universal psychological process of grieving - and showing you a path to creating a more content life.
Psychotherapist Christine Hopfgarten looks in detail at different reasons that we may encounter feelings of loss and grief, including bereavement, relationship break-up, losing a job, infertility, miscarriage and illness, and provides focused help.
Christine offers a gentle and empathetic approach that will help you work through your grief. She shows you the tools you need to help you fully process your feelings, enabling you to:
- Understand your loss, identifying what it means to you
- Develop acceptance, allowing yourself to move through the grieving process
- Learn to express, and not supress, your emotions - without feeling completely overwhelmed
- Define where you want to get to, so you are clear on what it is you are working toward
- Cope with and adapt to changes, to eventually help you to embrace your new reality
Author: Christine Hopfgarten
Publisher: Welbeck Balance
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.40h x 5.20w x 1.00d