- Hypatia of Alexandria, one of the earliest recorded female mathematicians
- Maria Cunitz who corrected errors in Kepler's work
- Emmy Noether who discovered fundamental laws of physics
- Vera Rubin one of the most influential astronomers of the twentieth century
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell who helped discover pulsars
Author: Anna Reser, Leila McNeill
Publisher: Frances Lincoln
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 9.20h x 6.90w x 1.20d
Publishers Weekly 02/22/2021
Booklist 04/01/2021 pg. 11
About the Author
Anna Reser is an American historian of science and technology. She holds a PhD in the history of science, technology, and medicine from the University of Oklahoma. She is the co-founder co-editor in chief of Lady Science magazine, and her writing has appeared in The Atlantic, Real Life, StarTrek.com, Technology's Stories and more.
Leila McNeill is an American writer, editor, and historian of science. She is an Affiliate Fellow in the History of Science at the University of Oklahoma and the co-founder and co-editor-in-chief of Lady Science magazine. She has been a columnist for Smithsonian.com and BBC Future, and she has been published by The Atlantic, The Baffler, JSTOR Daily, amongst others.