#1 Bestseller in Ancient & Classical Literature
Discover six classic stories of Greek mythology in this exciting retelling that paints both famous and lesser-known Greek gods in a whole new light.
Dive into a fascinating new take on classical Greek mythology. Follow the likes of Odysseus, Lamia, Bellerophon, Icarus, Medusa and Artemis as their fates are revealed through bloody trials, gut-wrenching betrayals, sinister motives, and broken hearts. With a writing style that delves into the thoughts, feelings, desires and motivations of every character, these greek gods and goddesses and their compelling stories will resonate with you as they are guided through their perilous and tragic adventures.
Gain a deeper understanding of the ancient Greek gods. Greek Mythology Explained provides an in-depth analysis of each story told as it unravels the greater themes and valuable lessons hidden within each chapter. Gain a mythological introduction and deeper insight into the character's motives and the varying depictions of the original Greek myths.
In Greek Mythology Explained:
- Sail with Odysseus as he navigates the straits of Messina with a terrifying monster on each side, intent only on killing him and his crew
- Journey with Bellerophon as he battles the Chimera and becomes the hero that he was destined to be
- Take flight with Icarus and Daedalus as they escape their confinement and the Cretan navy
- Follow Medusa as she loses faith in the gods and becomes the monster she so adamantly wished to protect her people from
- Experience the love between Artemis and Orion, as well as the bitter jealousy it spawns at the core of her brother Apollo
Fans of D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, Classical Mythology A to Z, or Greek Mythology will love Greek Mythology Explained, the unique retelling of Greek mythological tales featuring love, betrayal, murder and ruthless ambitions.
Author: Marios Christou, David Ramenah
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.43h x 5.43w x 0.87d