Today's world is all about now--a fast-moving, high-speed, on-demand lifestyle. But has this pace changed how we study the Bible?
Our relationship with God is a journey, a walk where we grow closer to him each day. So it makes sense that reading and understanding scripture is a continual experience, not just a moment.
This innovative devotional is designed to change how you interact with God's Word. The Message: Solo revolves around lectio divina, or "divine reading," an ancient approach to exploring Scripture updated for today's readers. Each devotion delivers a unique, contemplative study that will encourage you to:
- Read Uncover biblical wisdom and revelations as you learn to read without the typical limitations that often hinder Bible reading.
- Think Immerse yourself in the passages as you place yourself in the story or meditate on words and phrases.
- Pray Connect with him through listening prayer and praise as you encounter new ways to communicate with God.
- Live Rest, reflect, or act as you discover how to take the Word with you throughout the day.
- An introduction to the lectio divina style of study
- Guided devotions with a day for reflection every week
- A topical index for finding issues that impact your life
- Numbered devotions so you can start anytime and never fall behind
Bible Version: Message
Author: Eugene H. Peterson, Katie Peckham, J. R. Briggs
Publisher: NavPress Publishing Group
Size: 7.90h x 6.00w x 1.30d
Age Range: 12-UP
Award: Christian Retailing's Best - Finalist
Award: Christian Book Award - Finalist
Binding Material: Paper
Bible Portion: Complete Without Apocrypha
Bible Type: Devotional
About the Author
EUGENE H. PETERSON is a pastor, scholar, writer, and poet. He spent ten years working on The Message--a paraphrase of the Bible--translating it from the original Greek and Hebrew. Eugene lives with his wife, Jan, in Montana. They have three children and six grandchildren.