- A full-color instruction book
- 165 pre-cut paper pieces that you pop out and assemble
These endlessly entertaining paper puzzles are impossible to put down. They include the following intriguing models:
- Dodecahedron Bears and Frogs--cute animal couples that form a 12-faced geodesic sphere when the pieces are fitted together.
- Bird and Fish modules that dovetail together to create a seamless 3D form in a nod to Escher's Sky and Water woodcut.
- A Reversible Dodecahedron that--with the addition of magnets--dramatically inverts itself when tossed into the air
- An intricate Pyramid Box conceals a secret inner chamber that is perfect for presenting a small gift to that special someone.
- The challenging 4-Piece Tetrahedron and 12-Lizard Cube provide a tremendous feeling of satisfaction once all of the pieces finally align into place.
- Plus many more
Noted Japanese papercraft designer Haruki Nakamura created this wonderful collection of interlocking paper puzzles and toys to intrigue and delight both paper-crafting and puzzle enthusiasts. Each project is a new challenge, and the finished objects are great conversation pieces that look fantastic on your desk or shelf
Author: Haruki Nakamura
Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
Binding Type: Other
Size: 11.50h x 9.10w x 1.50d
About the Author
Haruki Nakamura is a Japanese author and paper engineer who has been creating complex geometric shapes out of folded paper for over 20 years. He designs mechanical paper karakuri animals and objects that interlock, peek and pop in surprising ways, thanks to cleverly hidden mechanisms. Nakamura's craft mixes that tradition with kirigami, an art that combines paper cutting with paper folding. Nakamura is also an expert origami and paper airplane designer.
Not available to be shipped via Media Mail