- Strategic itineraries, from a weekend in Milwaukee or Madison to a week-long getaway to Door County, with advice for architecture buffs, foodies, families, outdoor adventurers, and more
- The top activities and unique experiences: Museum-hop in trendy Milwaukee, discover the joys of the open road at the Harley-Davidson museum, and savor the laidback college town vibe in Madison. Check out a typical Wisconsin dairy farm and sample fresh bites of cheese or learn how to churn butter with the whole family. Dig in at a Friday night fish fry and unwind with a locally-brewed craft beer in a historic taproom. Kayak to sea caves, cycle through rolling hills of apple orchards, or hike the rugged cliffs of Devil's Lake
- The best road trips in Wisconsin, including the state's designated Rustic Roads
- Honest advice from native cheesehead Thomas Huhti on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from luxe hotels to historic lodges and lakeside cabins
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for getting to Wisconsin and getting around, by plane, train, bus, or car (or even boat )
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, outdoor recreation safety, and history
For more Midwestern adventures, try Moon Minneapolis & St. Paul or Moon Michigan.
Author: Thomas Huhti
Publisher: Moon Travel
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 7.50h x 5.50w x 0.80d
About the Author
Thomas Huhti is a native Cheesehead who wound up studying in China during university (wanderlust has been a familial curse) which ultimately led to a five-year stint traveling the globe and living out of a backpack. A fortuitous meeting with a travel writer on a Chinese mountain opened his eyes to the possibilities of combining travel and writing, his two loves, as a career.
Half a decade of wandering the world made him long for his birthplace, about which he realized he knew precious little. Thomas's four-year pilgrimage around the state to research the first edition of Moon Wisconsin was a gift for his parents, worthy Badgers both. Ultimately, he discovered he bled Badger red and understood where home really was.
Now it's a lifelong labor of love (at least outside of deadline crunch times). With the tent drying in the back of the car and a Brewers game on the radio, Thomas can be found wandering Wisconsin's highways, searching for the next hidden spot to uncover.