The New York Times bestselling author of the classic The Care of the Soul addresses the needs of those providing soul care to others--therapists, psychiatrists, ministers, spiritual directors, teachers, and even friends--sharing his insights for incorporating a spiritual or soulful dimension into their work and practices.
Soul Therapy is the culmination of Thomas Moore's work. In his previous acclaimed books, he explored the soul in important areas of our lives--work, sex, marriage, family, religion, and aging. In this wise guide, he now returns to his core vocation: teaching practitioners--therapists, psychiatrists, ministers, spiritual directors, and others--how to offer soul care to those they assist.
A training manual infused with a lifetime's worth of wisdom, Soul Therapy is divided into five sections:
- What therapy or "soul care" is and how it works;
- What soul work is required of the helper to be able to address the needs of others;
- How to access and move forward the spiritual dimension;
- How to apply this work to specific areas, such as work, marriage, parenting, or teaching;
- How to deal with other issues that arise, such as developing a therapeutic style, dealing with one's shadow, and the need for self-care.
Profound yet practical, enlightened yet grounded in real-world experience, Soul Therapy will become a definitive resource for caregivers and practitioners for years to come.
Author: Thomas Moore
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 9.10h x 6.10w x 1.30d