Enjoy everything Itasca State Park has to offer. Whether you're visiting for a day, staying for a week or simply want a keepsake of Minnesota's most popular park, you'll find everything you need in the pages of this book by Deane Johnson.
- Detailed guide to hiking, biking, camping, lodging and skiing
- Fascinating stories from Itasca's colorful past
- Tips on finding the park's hidden gems throughout the seasons
- Natural history of the land, dating back to prehistory
- Nearby attractions, such as the La Salle Lake State Recreation Area
- Includes a comprehensive hiking guide
Improve your life; connect with nature at Itasca State Park.
Author: Deane Johnson
Publisher: Adventure Publications
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.44h x 6.13w x 0.56d
About the Author
Deane Johnson has been an active photographer since acquiring his first Canon FTb in 1976. He grew up in Grand Forks, ND, and has lived and traveled throughout northern Minnesota. Drawn to the lakes and woods of Park Rapids, MN, in 1980, he has lived there since then. A retired family physician, he was a founding member of the Jackpine Writers' Bloc, plays clarinet and saxophone, and was a co-owner of Beagle Books of Park Rapids with his wife, Jill. He was the photographer for Jill's book, "Little Minnesota: 100 Towns Around 100."