- Control annual weeds by disrupting their natural lifecycle
- Learn the whys, hows, and whens of weed-inhibiting mulching techniques
- Eliminate deep-rooted perennial weeds by eradicating them at their source
- Meet the best and most effective weeding tools available to homeowners
- Discover many ways to keep weeds out of the vegetable garden while ensuring healthy and productive soil
- Implement a practical plan to gain long-term control over weeds
Author: Tasha Greer
Publisher: Cool Springs Press
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.60h x 6.70w x 0.60d
About the Author
Tasha Greer is an "epicurean homesteader" and writer focused on simple, sustainable living. She is a contributor to Mother Earth News, The Grow Network, Grit, and Morning Chores. She's also the host of a video educational series on The Grow Network that includes videos on raising backyard chickens and ducks, in addition to a series on raising goats. A former Washington, DC, legal administrator turned full-time homesteader and writer, Tasha's obsession with great food, gardening, and simple living led her to homestead in beautiful Surry County, North Carolina. There she raises goats, chickens, ducks, worms, and more on a 10-acre property with lots of help from her partner in good living, Matt Miles.
About 1.5 acres of her homestead is also covered with fruit trees and bushes, nuts, a personal vineyard, perennial vegetables, herbs, spices, annual vegetables, and some aquaculture. She uses hand tools, organic matter, and a mix of permaculture, edible landscaping, ecological, and traditional gardening techniques to grow abundant food and natural beauty.
Tasha volunteers with gardening organizations in her community and teaches classes related to edible landscaping and organic gardening. In addition, Tasha is a former market farmer, specializing in growing and selling herbs, spices, and mushrooms.