- Different types of magic (Explore divination, tarot reading, astrology, numerology, alchemy, and more.)
- Powerful plants (Peppermint is fantastic for cleansing, and also known to ward off vampires.)
- Wand trees (Apple tree wands are helpful in matters of love and fertility while beech is best for scholars using wordy spells.)
- Familiars (Choose the perfect magical companion. If you love to gossip, you might choose a ferret as your familiar or, for improved thinking, an owl.)
- The most magical of days (Discover the power and stories of Imbolc, the solstices, All Hallows' Eve, and more.)
- Magical scripts (Learn about the secret languages used through history for communicating with the spirit world.)
Author: Poppy David
Publisher: Frances Lincoln Ltd
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 12.20h x 10.47w x 0.55d
Audience: Ages 4-8
Kirkus Reviews 09/01/2021 pg. 113
About the Author
Poppy David is a writer based in London. After a childhood spent in deep dark West Country, she graduated from Oxford Brookes in 2011 and from The Courtauld Institute of Art in 2012, with a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Art History. This led her initially to Christie's auction house, and then to research for arts publisher Thames & Hudson. She is currently working on her debut middle-grade novel.
Jessica Roux is a Nashville-based illustrator and plant and animal enthusiast. She loves exploring in her own backyard and being surrounded by an abundance of nature. Using subdued colors and rhythmic shapes, she renders flora, fauna, food, and many other things with intricate detail reminiscent of old world beauty. Her first book with Frances Lincoln is A Natural History of Fairies (September 2020).