Classic Calligraphy for Beginners introduces the fundamental techniques for mastering two classic calligraphic scripts, Copperplate and Spencerian, plus easy-to-follow exercises and fun, modern projects.
Guided by instructions and illustrations by noted calligraphy artist and teacher Younghae Chung, you will:
- Get a detailed yet concise overview of tools, supplies, and terminology
- Try out your materials with basic warm-ups and nib exercises
- Learn the essential principles or strokes and create the lowercase and uppercase letters of the featured scripts
- Take your letters to the next level and add flourishes with confidence
- Explore brush pens and non-flexible writing tools to emulate the look of calligraphy on large-scale and unusual surfaces
- Reinforce core skills by applying the scripts to a variety of simple, modern projects on paper, wood, glass, fabric, and other surfaces, and get inspiring tips on how to add beautiful details that lend a modern touch
- Find sample guide sheets for Copperplate, Spencerian, and brush calligraphy
Discover the timeless beauty of calligraphy with Classic Calligraphy for Beginners.
Author: Younghae Chung
Publisher: Quarry Books
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 10.98h x 8.52w x 0.37d
Booklist 05/15/2022 pg. 7