The New York Times bestselling guide to transforming an intimate relationship into a lasting source of love and companionship, now fully revised with a new forward and a brand new chapter.Getting the Love You Want has helped millions of people experience more satisfying relationships and is recommended every day by professional therapists and happy couples around the world. Dr. Harville Hendrix and Dr. Helen LaKelly Hunt explain how to revive romance and remove negativity from daily interactions, to help you: - Discover why you chose your mate
- Resolve the power struggle that prevents greater intimacy
- Learn to listen - really listen - to your partner
- Increase fun and laughter in your relationship
- Begin healing early childhood experiences by stretching into new behaviors
- Become passionate friends with your partner
- Achieve a common vision of your dream relationship Become the most connected couple you know with this revolutionary guide, combining behavioral science, depth psychology, social learning theory, Gestalt therapy, and interpersonal neuroscience to help you and your partner recapture joy, enhance closeness, and experience the reward of a deeply fulfilling relationship.
Author: Harville Hendrix, Helen Lakelly Hunt
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.20h x 5.30w x 1.00d
About the Author
Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD., co-created Imago Relationship Therapy, a unique healing process for couples, prospective couples, and parents. Together they have more than thirty years' experience as educators and therapists and their work has been translated into more than 50 languages, with Imago practiced by over two thousand therapists worldwide. Harville and Helen have six children and live in New York and Dallas.