In Leading Wisely: Becoming a Reflective Leader in Turbulent Times, renowned leadership expert, psychoanalyst and executive coach Manfred Kets De Vries delivers an insightful and unique exploration of what it means to lead with wisdom. The book demonstrates that exclusive reliance on knowledge, data, and information yields a superficial leadership style lacking in depth and discernment. What's more important in the wisdom equation is possessing humility, judgment, empathy, compassion, and night vision.
With eleven chapters full of anecdotes and tales from a variety of spiritual and cultural traditions that enrich and lend a deeper significance to the choices we make as leaders and members of organizations, Leading Wisely provides readers with:
- A thorough exploration of dealing with negative--but entirely natural motivations, like envy and greed
- An emphasis on the Golden Rule--treating others as we like to be treated ourselves
- An opportunity to be courageous--to consciously and intentionally pick our battles, saving energy for what really matters
- Lessons on how to listen intently and actively, truly hearing what our colleagues, friends, family, and followers are saying before reacting
- Finding happiness within ourselves
Leading Wisely: Becoming a Reflective Leader in Turbulent Times is a startlingly incisive book, filled with messages that make the book required reading for anyone in a position of leadership or power. It also belongs in the libraries of well-being and health practitioners who frequently deal with businesspeople as clients or patients.
Author: Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 9.10h x 6.20w x 0.80d