Eater Best Fall Cookbooks 2019
Bon Appetit's "Fall Cookbooks We've Been Waiting All Summer For"
Amazon's Pick for Best Fall Cookbooks 2019
Forbes Finds 15 New Cookbooks for Fall 2019 The definitive book on Korean cuisine by "YouTube's Korean Julia Child"* and the author of Maangchi's Real Korean Cooking
*New York Times Despite the huge popularity of Korean restaurants, there has been no comprehensive book on Korean cooking--until now. Maangchi's Big Book of Korean Cooking is a wide, deep journey to the heart of a food-obsessed culture. The book contains the favorite dishes Maangchi has perfected over the years, from Korean barbecue and fried chicken to bulgogi and bibimbap. It explores topics not covered in other Korean cookbooks, from the vegan fare of Buddhist mountain temples to the inventive snacks of street vendors to the healthful, beautiful lunch boxes Korean mothers make for their kids. Maangchi has updated and improved the traditional dishes, without losing their authentic spirit.
Among the features:
- Spectacular party food, from homemade clear rice liquor to sweet, spicy, sour baby back ribs
- Side plates that support and complement every Korean meal
- Soups, hotpots, and stews, from bone broth to tofu stews
- An array of different kimchis
- A detailed photographic chapter on Korean cooking techniques Hundreds of striking, full-color photos by Maangchi show Korean ingredients so the cook knows exactly what to buy, step-by-step techniques for each recipe, and tempting close-ups of every dish.
Author: Maangchi, Martha Rose Shulman
Publisher: Mariner Books
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 10.10h x 8.20w x 1.30d
Publishers Weekly 07/01/2019
Booklist 09/01/2019 pg. 20
Library Journal 10/01/2019 pg. 119
About the Author
MAANGCHI ("Hammer" in Korean) was born and raised in South Korea, where she learned the country's traditional dishes from her family. She is the founder-owner of maangchi.com, the top online destination for Korean cooking. Her eponymous YouTube channel has almost 3 million subscribers. She lives in New York City.