- Ask yourself, "Do I need more than one?"
- Don't aim for minimalism.
- Remember: If you can't retrieve it, you won't use it.
- Stay current with a child's interests.
- Beware the urge to "procrasticlear." By getting rid of things we don't use, don't need, or don't love, we free our minds (and our shelves) for what we truly value.
Author: Gretchen Rubin
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 7.10h x 5.10w x 1.00d
Library Journal Prepub Alert 10/01/2018 pg. 42
Booklist 02/15/2019 pg. 4
Library Journal 03/01/2019 pg. 106
About the Author
Gretchen Rubin is one of today's most influential and thought-provoking observers of happiness and human nature. She's the author of many books, including the blockbuster New York Times bestsellersOuter Order, Inner Calm; The Four Tendencies; Better Than Before; and The Happiness Project. She has an enormous readership, both in print and online, and her books have sold more than 3.5 million copies worldwide, in more than thirty languages. On her top-ranking, award-winning podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin, she explores happiness and good habits. She is also a CBS News contributor, providing weekly solutions for living a happier life. Gretchen Rubin started her career in law and was clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when she realized that she wanted to be a writer. Raised in Kansas City, she lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.