- Energy & Motion. Create art, toys, and sculptures that spin, flap, and climb.
- Electricity & Magnetism. Make special light-up greeting cards, and use magnets to create abstract paintings and solve mazes.
- Living Science. Craft tiny terrariums, create plantable seed paper, and make your own paints using natural materials.
- Chemical Reactions. Create exploding paintballs, grow a garden of crystal flowers, and learn to make plastic out of milk.
- Color & Light. Combine shaving cream and food coloring to make marbled paper, use the sun to print on paper and fabric, and make an awesome kaleidoscope from scratch.
Author: Karyn Tripp
Publisher: Quarry Books
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.90h x 8.50w x 0.40d
Audience: Ages 9-12
About the Author
Karyn Tripp is a former public school teacher turned homeschool mom of four kids. Through her online community TeachBesideMe.com, she shares with teachers and homeschool parents how to make learning enjoyable and engaging, and eases the burdens of her fellow educators by offering exciting and memorable learning activities. Karyn is also a member of STEAM Kids Books, a group of educational bloggers--engineers, teachers, math nerds, art lovers, and writers--who have thus far co-written and self-published three titles. She lives in Cedar Hills, Utah.