Welcome To Karate offers what you need to begin successful martial arts training
Welcome To Karate is a curricular guide and sourcebook for new karate students.
We will introduce you to dojo principles, traditions, etiquette, and involvement along with technical support for the variety of materials that you will encounter during your first months in a traditional karate dojo.
- Body Shifting
All of the techniques relevant to your rank are clearly explained and accompanied by anecdotes, history, humor, and encouragement.
Inside this book discover:
- How to prepare before your first visit to a dojo
- Technical descriptions and drills for self-training
- Reinforcement of experiences
- Contemplative reasoning, funny stories, and empathy for your challenges
- A fundamental karate glossary and pronunciation guide
- And much more
Sensei Costa will arm you with necessary insights before a class--and reinforce your training experiences after class--to drive your enthusiastic return to the dojo time and time again.
Welcome To Karate keeps you focused on your goals each step of the way.
Author: Bruce Costa
Publisher: YMAA Publication Center
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 9.10h x 5.90w x 0.60d