"This is a book about the power women have--and are using to help heal the broken bones of this beautiful world." --Sherry Richert Belul, author of Say it Now: 33 Creative Ways to Say I Love You to the Most Important People in Your Life
Packed with stories of ordinary women doing extraordinary things, this book is a must-have for any woman who has ever dreamt of a better world.
Be inspired by this compelling tour de force of sisterhood. Shelly Rachanow's book is full of powerful, courageous women who are getting vitally important sh*t done. Dive into this empowering narrative and read about:
- A trauma surgeon working to stem the epidemic of gun violence
- A professor who ran for office to provide a better role model for her sons
- An educator raising India's poorest girls out of poverty
- Teens fighting for clean water, inspiring future generations to continue their work
- A group of firefighters training to trek across Antarctica, raising awareness for mental health and showing young girls that they are strong and can be anything they choose
- Activists from around the world fighting the injustices of inequality and patriarchy
One small action can inspire a movement. As these women have shown, a movement can change minds...and ultimately the world.
If you enjoyed books like Badass Affirmations, Bad Girls Throughout History, The Book of Gutsy Women, or Made Out of Stars, then you'll love When Women Run the World Sh*t Gets Done.
Author: Shelly Rachanow
Publisher: Conari Press
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 6.90h x 4.90w x 0.50d